1) Meet the local people, they will give you a warm Cape Verde welcome.
2) Get out of your all inclusive hotel and visit Santa Maria, a lovely quaint village 5 min in taxi from Rui Funana and Rui Garopa Hotels, cost 3 euro, or walk takes 10 minutes.
3) Have a meal out in Santa Maria, there is a fantastic selection of local, Italian, French, Portuguese, Irish, British, Indian and world restaurants available. Fresh fish is recommended at the local restaurants.
4) Spend an evening in Santa Maria sampling the bars and nightlife, brilliant bars, clubs and live music. Dancing until very late! Sample the local Grog made from sugar cane and Stella beer,
5) Go fishing: on a small local boat, yacht, underwater experience (Neptunus) or Deep sea fishing.
6) Try Diving the clear crystal blue waters the Cape Verde Atlantic ocean has to offer
7) Enjoy surfing, boarding and kite surfing at Kite Beach, Ponta Preta and Josh Angulo Beach Bar.
8) Do a property tour… why not check out what the diverse islands have to offer? (See Cape Verde Investment Strengths on this blog for further information).
9) Take a group Quad Tour and explore the sand dunes and off-road parts of Sal.
10) Visit ‘Pedra de Lume’ the old salt mines, relax and bathe in the salt water.
11) Enjoy repeating the mantra ‘No Stress’ 10 times a day and meaning it!
12) Check out the Turtles hatching eggs.
13) Get a brilliant manicure and pedicure for 20 euros in many salons and beauty places in Santa Maria/Fish pedicure/Spa treatments
14) Try the Gelato Italian ice cream, available in several ice cream/crepe cafes